Monday, November 19, 2012

Introducing Blake Austin!!

Today our precious little Blake Austin was born at 5:59am weighing 7 lbs 15 oz and 19.6 inches long. 

Here's how it all began.  During Tyler and Ali's nap I went to the gym. Did 30 mins on the elliptical, 30 mins of weight training and 15 mins of walking on an incline.  After I was done I bounced on the ball for about 20 mins.  Came home took a shower and relaxed.  About 4pm ish I started to have contractions about 2-3 mins apart. I just kept timing them.  They would stay at that for an hour and then slow down to five minutes apart.  Before dinner I finally told Troy what was going on. We ate (well they ate, I couldn't really eat) and continued to time them. After dinner they were still there, so we told my Mom and got ready to head to the hospital.  She stayed home to take care of the kids.

I got to the hospital, got changed and checked. I was 5-6cm!!!!! That previous Thursday I was only 2cm.  I was admitted and got transferred to a Delivery room.  After I was in there, I decided to go for a walk around the hospital to keep things going.  About 9:30 we got back to the room and I was checked again.  Now up to 7 cm and about a station -1.  I then sat on the exerrcise ball for a couple hours.  By 11pm I was still 7 cm but about a station 0.  Meaning he was lowering further into the birth canal.  By about 1am I decided to the get the Epi. I got up to pee one last time and my water broke. YAY!!! I was now 8cm and a station +1.   The on call doctor said I could get some pitocin to speed things along but I was actually enjoying resting once I got the Epi.  Both Troy and I dozed in and out of sleep for a couple hours.  At 4am I got checked again and I was at 9cm! Almost time.  I called Dana (she was doing my birth pics). The nurse wanted to get her there before she called the doctor.

I think I started pushing around 5:30am.  I pushed through a couple contractions and the baby's heart rate dropped to about 50.  I had to get a small incision to get the baby out ASAP.  One more contraction and I pushed him out.  My littlest beauty was HERE!!!  All 7 lbs 15 oz of him was perfectly healthy! We couldn't ask for anything more.  





My Nurse Becky! She was awesome and was with me the whole night.  


1 comment:

  1. hiscock is real nice i want to suck it and lick hisballs

    ReplyDelete