Sunday, June 21, 2009

He's 8 Months Old!!


I can't believe how fast my baby is growing up. It seems like I was just pregnant yesterday. Tyler is turning into such a cute little man. His personality is coming through more and more every day and unfortunately for us, I think he is going to have his Momma's temperament. Boy does he know how to get his way when he wants something. Here are some of the things that Tyler is now doing:

1. He is crawling like a champ. He knows how to get anywhere he wants to get. His favorite place to play is under the kitchen table. He also follows us around the house now.

2. He is starting to stand on his own. He can do it for a couple of seconds.

3. We have started to introduce more table foods. He is going to go straight from pureed fruits and veggies to table food. I am not going to puree "dinners" for him. He seems to be doing really good with the transition. The only thing he hasn't liked so far is french toast (minus the syrup).

4. He has 5 teeth, 3 on top and 2 on the bottom.

5. He is sort of cruising. I think he knows its faster if he crawls, so he doesn't really care to do this right now.

6. He is learning the word "no". Whenever I say it to him he stops and looks at me, usually laughs and continues to do what he was doing. This is one of the reasons I say he is going to have his Momma's temperament:)

7. He has moved up to his new daycare class, young toddlers, and he is doing really well. The first week was a little rough but now he hardly ever cries at school.

8. He has started to put himself to sleep for his naps. I love this but I do miss rocking my sweet little boy to sleep. Since he has learned to put himself to sleep for naps, he now naps for 1-2 hours twice a day. I love this. I can actually get stuff done on the weekends.

9. He has moved up to his convertible car seat. I think he definitely prefers this seat to the other one. He can now see out the windows.

To see all the pictures from Tyler's 8th Month, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment