Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy 17 Months


My little man is 17 months old today. Next month he will be a year and a half old. I can't believe how fast this year has flown by so far. This past month was by far my favorite month so far (read #1). Last month he didn't really do much changing but this month has been a whole other story. He really starting to be his own little person. And I just love him to pieces:)

1. I got my first REAL kiss. YAY!!! I have been waiting for this day forever. We were in the bedroom and I was holding you. I said "kisses" you looked at me and planted one right on my lips. You melted my heart right there. You gave them a long time ago but you didn't really understand, now you know and its awesome.

2. You are now taking one nap a day. It took almost a month but we have finally gotten you back on a schedule that works for both of us. You go upstairs for quiet time around 10am and then you are taking your nap around 2pm. You are back to taking a 2 hour nap, which I love. Oh and you are sleeping from about 8pm to 7:30am.

3. You love to read books. Really you just love to turn the pages but I know one day you will actually let me read the story to you.

4. You have turned into quite the cuddle bug. You love to sit on the couch with me and read or eat your afternoon snack.

5. Your words of the month are nana (banana), uhnt uhh (I don't really know how to spell it out but its basically no), and booo (book). You have also started to stay nigh nigh (night night) and mil (milk).

6. You love the game boo. You think its so fun to run up behind us or hide somewhere and then jump out and yell boo. You also like to hide your face in the car seat and say boo. You really like it when we say it back to you.

7. You have learned to go down stairs on your feet. You still haven't tackled the stairs in the house but you can go down the stairs at the play ground.

8. I almost forgot a big one. You pooped in the potty. No pee yet and no more poop since this one time. I have gotten better about sitting you on the potty. We usually do it right before bath time and you will sit there for a few minutes if I entertain you.

We can't wait to see what kind of fun stuff you accomplish in this new month. We love you baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment