Friday, October 23, 2009

12 Month Check Up


Tyler had his 12 month check up today. I was very nervous about this appointment. This is the one where they get the MMR shot and there is a lot of controversy about that shot causing autism. Personally I don't believe it because there is no medical research to back it up, just a celebrity running her mouth when she shouldn't because she doesn't have a medical degree. But to each their own, we are all entitled to our opinions. So far Tyler has not had any reaction to the shot or any of the other ones that he got. He got 4 in total at this visit. They tried to get him to get the flu shot too but I think 4 shots is enough for one visit. I made an appointment for him to get the flu shot but I am still undecided about him actually getting it.

Now for the fun stuff, my little guy is 22 lbs 4 oz and still 29 in. I don't think they measured him properly. I find it really hard to believe that he didn't grow at all. He has been averaging about 1 each per month prior to this. Plus he has out grown some of his clothes, especially the onsies and his pants. Okay enough of my little rant. The peditricaition said that Tyler is doing great. He is hitting all of his milestones and developing perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment