Thursday, February 11, 2010

Its a Recorded Breaker

Today we broke a record here in North Texas. They just announced on the news that DFW Airport as never seen as much snow at one time as we got today. Last night they were saying that we were going to get around 2-3 inches of snow. By noon we already had 4 inches on the ground and it was still coming down steadily. The forecast then changed to around 9 inches in our area. Needless to say we had a really exciting day of sitting around the house.

My Grandpa is here for the next 3 weeks to install wood floors in 3 rooms for us. So Tyler and I pretty much stayed upstairs all day. I set up my computer, so I could work and brought up a bunch of toys for Tyler. Of course his favorite toy up there is the treadmill. I guess its about time someone enjoys it, since Daddy and I never us it.

Here are some pictures from our really exciting day today.

These pictures where taken around noon today.


These were taken around 4pm. At this point we had about 6.5 inches on the ground. Yes, Tyler is still in his PJs. Since we couldn't go anywhere I didn't really see the point in getting him dressed.


Its hard to see but my neighbor was building giant snow balls.


The view from the backyard.

Day 2 of work and one room almost done. Its looking really good so far.

4 comments:

  1. Tyler looks like he really enjoys the snow. Going from Orlando to upstate NY several years ago, I enjoyed the snow too--until I had to shovel it every day for 4 or 5 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his hat, so adorable! This is such a weird winter, but I am enjoying all the moisture we are getting here in northern Arizona. We almost have more so far this water year (since Oct. 1) than we did for the whole entire water year last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your from Orlando. I lived there for about 20 yrs before moving out here to Dallas. I am still getting a kick out of the snow. I am so not used to it.

    This is a weird winter. So far we have had three snow storms. We normally get one and its only about an inch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I flew into Dallas airport the next day after that!

    He looks so cute in the snow! I have a really hard time getting motivated to get Leah outside when it's like that!

    ReplyDelete